It is crucial to stay on top of the latest trends to keep your website relevant as the world of technology is changing rapidly. Furthermore, businesses today must be more creative than ever before if they want to attract curious visitors and convert them into loyal customers.
What Is UX/UI?
The role of a UX/UI designer is to create user-friendly interfaces to allow potential customers to understand the use of complex technical products better.
One can ask regarding the difference between UX and UI. User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) are different in that UI refers to a product's aesthetics and how people interact with it. In contrast, UX refers to the overall experience when using a product or service.
Six New UX/UI Trends
- Mobile-First Concept - Today, nearly half of all searches are conducted on mobile devices. Using a smartphone for everyday activities such as booking holiday trips or dinner at a restaurant, browsing travel marketplaces, and so on is common nowadays. That means that in addition to looking good on the desktop version, a website or app should also be compatible with mobile devices. Web designers highly value this approach as an effective tool for improving customer interaction.
- Tailor-Made Experience - People crave personalized experiences because they are in tune with their nature. The absence of an experience customized to their needs will cause them to turn to the competition.
- Neomorphism - Due to its subtle yet innovative look, which combines skeuomorphism and flat design, neomorphism is gaining popularity. At the moment, products are predominantly designed using geomorphics to create various user interface elements.
- Air Gesture Function involves gestures such as palming over the camera to take a selfie, which is a brand new mobile design trend. By waving your hand or pinching your fingers, you can operate the phone without using a touchscreen.
- VUI - Voice User Interface - Users can interact with a UI using voice commands or by speaking. A voice-activated interface eliminates the need for users to type through the interface. Teams of UX designers are competing more than ever before with frequent updates and the latest advancements in this field.
- Icons - Icons are changing the UX game. The trend of simple, minimalist icons is popular now with UX designers. The meaning of an icon is conveyed more efficiently than that of words.
What Comes Next?
The growth of immersive experiences, such as augmented and virtual reality, will influence UX design trends in the next few years. At the end of the day, the UX designer should always use critical as well as creative thinking and make sure that the design is relevant and valuable to the users.
It is also important to remember that a product or website does not necessarily need to follow all UX design trends. This might only complicate the usability. Instead, it is recommended to stay on top of trends and use them only if they meet your users' needs and if they are likely to work for your business.
Remember, a dollar invested in UX generates 100 dollars in return. A good UX design should be intuitive, user-friendly, and aligned with your brand.